Wednesday 29 August 2007

Great Resignation Letter

I cannot believe I stumbled upon this interesting resignation letter. Not that I am really searching for how to write a resignation letter. But I was reading some posts about some crazy bosses.

Here is it....

Frequently, when people in high places resign their positions, we are told, innocuously, they are leaving “to pursue other interests.” But, as people realize, this worn cliché is often nothing more than a thin veil of political correctness draped over irreconcilable differences with a superior. In each case where this is so I’m sure a scathing tell-all could be written, recounting the teeth-gnashing experience and lip-biting toleration of these differences, were it not for a desire to just put it all behind and get on with life. Instead, people in such circumstances will take what solace they can from their faith that the mind’s eye of the public sees through this veil the reality of a superior and subordinate who are not merely poles apart but from different universes. In this spirit, I am writing to advise you of my resignation from the Company, effective two weeks from today, in order to pursue other interests.

My boss told me before 99% of the reason people are leaving are due to their immediate boss. One funny guy said, half of your salary is paying you to do your job. The other half is for you to survive your boss kicking , idiocy and craziness.

I wonder how many people in my team left because of me. :)

No comments:

My review and reflection for The Garden of Words

I just watched this short animation work from Makoto Shinkai. I had previously watched his grand hit 'Your Name' and absolutely fel...