Friday 15 June 2012

Millions Frog Legs


Yet another frog story....

A farmer came into town and asked the owner of a restaurant if he could use a million frog legs. The restaurant owner was shocked and asked the man where he could get so many frog legs! The farmer replied, "There is a pond near my house that is full of frogs--millions of them. They croak all during the night and are about to drive me crazy!"

So the restaurant owner and the farmer made an agreement that the farmer would deliver frogs to the restaurant five hundred at a time for the next several weeks.

The first week, the farmer returned to the restaurant looking rather sheepish, with two scrawny little frogs. The restaurant owner said, "Well...where are all the frogs?" The farmer said, "I was mistaken.  There were only these two frogs in the pond. But they sure were making a lot of noise!"

John Maxwell wrote this story in his book "Winning with People". He found that at a board meeting, he received a lot of complaints from his board members. It turned out , it came from the same person. The solution he proposed? If you are a leader and someone tells you there are "lots of complaints", then find out the source. It may turn out to be one person doing lots of complaining.

Another advice from I can find:
Next time you hear somebody criticizing or making fun of you, remember it's probably just a couple of noisy frogs. Also--remember that problems always seem bigger in the dark.

I have my share of problems with complaining frogs. I actually think the best way is to avoid them. They are who they are and goods always triumph over evil in the end. And, I won't be able to please all the people in this world, then why try to?




I realize there were quite a numbers of stories on frogs I shared in my blog:

1. Parable of Boiled Frog

2. Frog and the Scorpion

3. Tiny Frog

1 comment:

Grace said...

Some of us have spent all our lives seeking acknowledgement from others without even realizing it.

Hey Susan, Grace here, keep on blogging, love your heartfelt sharings as always.

My review and reflection for The Garden of Words

I just watched this short animation work from Makoto Shinkai. I had previously watched his grand hit 'Your Name' and absolutely fel...