Thursday 3 May 2007

Some evil people just will not change for the better

There is this fable that prove some people just will not change....

A scorpion wanted to cross the river so he asked the frog to carry him across on his back. The frog protested “Oh no I cannot do that because you will sting me and I will die”. “You will not die” answered the scorpion because if I sting you and you die then I will drown. Convinced by the scorpions logic, the frog relented and agreed to carry the scorpion across the river on his back, but as the frog swam to midstream the scorpion stung him.“Why did you do that?” said the frog “Now we will both die”. “Because I am a scorpion. It’s my nature.” answered the scorpion.
The scorpion showing his good nature to the frog, persuading him to believe he can change.



The frog made his fatal mistake of believing the scorpion will change and let the scorpion climb on his back.

I have to say I learnt from my own mistakes about trusting the scorpion. I am just too naive to believe no matter how evil a person, there are good sides of them. But then , scorpions are scorpions. They cannnot change their nature, despite how much they try. I maybe angry that I have been giving too many chances for the scorpions, but I have to accept this fact now. And take this as a great lesson in life.
And I have spent 5 years believing the scorpion. And now I have to get out because if not, I will die together with the scorpion. I cannot let him sting me anymore. I have asked him again and again not to sting me, but again and again , he repeated.
It is not too late to change my course. My decision is final. And I will be able to do this successfully and not regret this. I just hope the scorpion will not go around again and trick other frogs.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Biby,

Thanks. I am new to blogging and you are the first people who leave comment to my blog.

Thanks very much. I really appreciate what you have done. It is a big motivation for me to go on with my blogging.

Regards,
Susan

neuyabe said...

yo..."how's everything ? " (Try to Imagine this is coming out from Dr.L, wah haha). See , I did come to visit ur blog ler....Mind to put ur link to my blog ? put mine in urs too :p

No matter what choices you made in whatever point of your life for whatever reasons, I will for sure support you all the while !

Cheers ~neuyabe a.k.a abe

My review and reflection for The Garden of Words

I just watched this short animation work from Makoto Shinkai. I had previously watched his grand hit 'Your Name' and absolutely fel...