Sunday 14 October 2012

To Forgive, Divine


A little soul approached God and said “I know who I am.”

God said “That’s wonderful? Who are you?”

And the Little Soul shouted, "I'm the Light!"

God smiled a big smile. "That's right. Very good! You are indeed the Light”.

Little Soul pondered for a while and then said “I know I am the Light. But I really want to experience who I am, God”

God remarked “But you are you. There is nothing to experience.”

Little Soul said “But I really want to experience myself. To know myself.”

“What do you want to know yourself as?” God asked.

Little Soul was quiet for a moment, and then exclaimed “I really want to know myself as Forgiveness. Hey yeah! That is what I want to know myself as. Forgiveness is special. I really want to be forgiving.”

“But there is no one to forgive.”, God pointed out. “Everything is so perfect here.”

Little Soul is sad. But just then a Friendly Soul approaches the Little Soul. “Hey, I’ll help you”

Little Soul said “You will? How?”

Friendly Soul said “Let’s go down to the earth. We’ll be born. And I would do something so horrible to you, so awful and you will forgive me. And then you can know yourself as Forgiveness.”

“That’s wonderful. It’s incredible. You do that for me? Wait a second. You are a being of such utter perfection! You, who vibrate with such a speed that it creates a Light so bright that I can hardly gaze upon you! You are so light that you dance upon the stars and move through the Kingdom with the speed of your thought. What could cause you to want to slow down your vibration to a level where you can come out and do these horrible and terrible things?”

"I would do it because I love you." said the Friendly Soul. “The only thing is you need to promise me one thing.”

Little Soul said “Anything you want”.

"In the moment that I strike and smite you, in the moment that I do the worst to you that you could possibly imagine ~ in that very moment, just remember Who I Really Am."

"Oh, I will!" cried the Little Soul, "I promise! I will always remember you as I see you right here, right now!"

"Good," said the Friendly Soul, "because, you see, I will have been pretending so hard, I will have forgotten myself. And if you do not remember me as I really am, I may not be able to remember for a very long time. And if I forget Who I Am, you may even forget Who You Are, and we will both be lost. Then we will need another soul to come along and remind us both of Who We Are. And we will be doomed to repeat it, over and over again, until we get the lesson."

This is such an amazing and awesome story which touches on the possibilities at some level we may have chosen even the worst circumstances in life for a grander purpose.

And I honestly and heartily thank all the Friendly Soul out there! I know who you are inside. I know your origin and intention. Thank you for lowering your vibration and stooping yourself so low so that you can give me this opportunity and experience to forgive divinely.

Food for thought:
1. Do you believe the possibilities at some level we may have chosen even the worst circumstances in life for a grander purpose?
2. Have you embrace the belief of "You are the cause for all the effects in your life"?
3. Have you have known happiness if you never been sad, to find you are in the light without ever being lost in darkness, to forgive if there is no one who hurt you and also if you have never receive forgiveness from someone you have hurt before ?
4. Is there anyone in your life that you find it hard to forgive? Maybe more than one? Do you believe they might be the Friendly Soul who had sacrificed themselves to try to help you experience who you want to be?

The story is adapted from The Little Soul and the Sun, by Neale Donald Walsch
 http://www.sapphyr.net/largegems/littlesoul-thesun.htm




No comments:

My review and reflection for The Garden of Words

I just watched this short animation work from Makoto Shinkai. I had previously watched his grand hit 'Your Name' and absolutely fel...