Tuesday 20 March 2007

Marketing and Innovation

In today product demo to our technical team, there are more people in the team that has put on their thinking cap and really challenge the product. It is a great sight to see as mostly technical people are always considered as geeks and never really think about marketing.

I came from technical background myself and still love technical works. However, I also find great passions in product management and marketing. I do believe, technical people can do a great product management and marketing jobs as well. From Bill Gates, Steve Job , Larry and Sergey , they all do geeks proud! They started very small and get VERY BIG. They create dreams and their dreams changed the world.

From Peter Drucker's famous quote in The Practice of Management
The business enterprise has two - and only two - basic functions: marketing and innovation. Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs.

There are so much more to learn and there is absolutely no boundary!

No comments:

My review and reflection for The Garden of Words

I just watched this short animation work from Makoto Shinkai. I had previously watched his grand hit 'Your Name' and absolutely fel...