Sunday 1 July 2007

Act of kindness

Neoauteur posted a wonderful account of meeting great people doing charitable work.

"Just as I was about to leave the booth, I saw something I would never forget. Emerging among the leprosy patients were three young nuns, around 19-22 years of age, wearing all-white attires. They were the patients' caretakers. They fed them, answered their questions, and cleansed their wounds. The nuns performed their jobs with pure joys having neither afraid of the nastiness of the wounds nor the fact that leprosy is a highly infectious disease. I could see in their eyes genuine affection and devotion. I could feel the tender and warmth radiated from the devoting way the nuns conducting their work. They treated the lepers not as their patients but as a friend in need of loving and care."

If you are interested to support some charitable works, please visit:
http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

Please drop by to sign the petition to help protect access to affordable medicines where millions of lives are at stake.
http://www.msf.org/petition_india/usa.html


No comments:

My review and reflection for The Garden of Words

I just watched this short animation work from Makoto Shinkai. I had previously watched his grand hit 'Your Name' and absolutely fel...